Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sorry!

Sorry sorry for not posting for so long and leaving you wondering if it was because work had sent me into a deep depression or some other equally grim fate had befallen me...

Not the case! I'm loving it-- my co-workers are all super-nice, and I've acclimated really easily this first week. Most of what I've been doing so far has been essentially internet-stalking companies to try to find contact information for their Marketing Directors. This sounds like it would be really easy, I know. It is not. Companies (we're talking huge national and even global corporations) put a lot of effort into preventing members of the public from being able to contact them, so getting the info I need requires a lot of googling and a fair amount of time on the phone: "Hi, my name is Abbie and I'm calling on behalf of Sony Pictures for their show blah blah blah to discuss a potential partnership opportunity and am hoping you can help me locate blah blah blah"

Anyway, I like it! Feels really good to finally be a contributing member of society rather than an unemployed vagrant with a suitcase sitting in Starbucks every day. I'm actually down to 2-3 visits a week now; NYC Starbucks' net sales definitely took a nosedive in August as a result.

In other news, I've set up where I'll be living from Sept 1 until August 2012! I'm moving to a 3-bedroom on the Upper East Side and couldn't be more excited about it. My two new roommates (Micah, 27, is from FL, and Christina, 22 is from CA) both work in marketing too, which is a funny coincidence. The apartment is small but was just completely renovated, so everything is new from floor to ceiling. And the views from the roof are fantastic. We're having a housewarming party up there in September!


No comments:

Post a Comment