Monday, August 8, 2011

The Photos You've All Been Waiting for

I've lived here for a week now, and today I finally found the time to really clean the apartment. Like, disinfected-clean. As a result (and not surprisingly), I now like it here much more.


My bedroom-- the closet is tiny (only good thing about having only 1/4 of my clothes up here with me)



The living room/kitchen/dining area




We have a washer and dryer! But the bathroom is miniscule.

So since I'm now feeling more comfortable in my August apartment, it naturally follows that for the past hour, I've been listening to what I'm 99% sure is a really destructive domestic dispute between my upstairs neighbors. There's also a chance it could be a really questionable dance party involving lots of stomping, screaming, and throwing of things, which is the only reason I haven't called the cops. Welcome to New York.

I'm looking for my permanent apartment (hopefully with less angry neighbors) this week too, and have a lead on the Upper East Side that I think might be a really good fit. Here's hoping finding my next apartment will go more smoothly and successfully than finding this one went.

P.S. Spotted on my run this afternoon: a hipster (male/mid-20s) walking down 3rd Ave carrying a GIANT squirrel/rat/other creature that's ill-suited for domestication on his shoulder. Now you understand why I'm scared of these people: If you think walking around NYC like a pirate with an oversized rodent on your shoulder (instead of a talking parrot) is a good thing to do, then what won't you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment