Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Employment! & Apartment Update

Great news! After three weeks of interviewing and generally running around nyc, I'm employed!! Just got the call this morning. I'm starting as an intern and then they're reassessing my performance within 3 months and hopefully offering me a permanent position within the agency. I'll be working on the strategic alliances team, which means I'll be assisting with the business end of the various partnerships the agency conceives between its many client companies (e.g. NBC Universal, TBS, AMC (MadMen!!), PetsMart, New Balance, and Dunkin' Donuts).

I start on the 10th! The timing couldn't be better-- I've pretty much reached my limit for daytime hours (when it's too hot to walk around outside) spent alone roasting in my apartment and trying to think of ways to entertain myself.

Speaking of which, I'm not super-enthusiastic about my current apartment. It's not awful, and as Kathleen pointed out recently, "I love how low your tolerance for sketchy is. I don't know how you're surviving in New York." It's just not the right neighborhood for me. For example, the area (east village/alphabet city) is populated in large part by several different types of people of which I am afraid: the overly-tattooed, people who look like murderers, and grunge hipsters. And the 4th-floor landing of my building smelled like urine today. I don't want to talk about it.


My front door



Views from the roof

No comments:

Post a Comment